Who We Are
Aequilibrium is a fast-moving, and even faster growing software development company that focuses on creating unforgettable onboarding products and services for the Fintech world. We work with progressive companies that strive for change and excellence in their services and we help them achieve these goals then blow them out of the water with our talented team and service. Every aspect of our company – from our hiring to internal team initiatives right through to our product development – is thoughtfully designed and engineered to help us deliver the most elegant and delightful onboarding solution you can imagine.
We turn user experiences into life experiences.
Who You Are
As Senior UI/UX Designer you will be responsible for developing and deploying our Integrated Solutions Package for customers seeking to source, create, and measure compelling web and mobile applications in the Financial Services space.
You are inquisitive by nature and passionate about users’ motivations while delivering the highest level product possible to clients. You thrive at synthesizing varied information to make decisions. You excel at communicating priorities and results with business, technical, design, and executive stakeholders.
You have experience effectively mentoring other UI/UX Designers. You have an inventor’s spirit, highly refined aesthetic sensibilities, an eye for every pixel, and a track record of producing world class user experiences.
Join our growing UX team and make a significant impact on our business growth while influencing the design direction for existing and new clients. Help us change the perception of how "typical" internal tools are designed by creating innovative interfaces that inject beauty and delight into our customer's day-to-day experiences.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Design to relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant product experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and communicate functional requirements, address technical constraints, and define best-in-class user experiences
- Collaborate and produce visual brand assets for our energetic and fast-paced lead gen, growth hacking, and marketing team
- Collaborate and contribute to client meetings, presentations, discovery sessions and process planning
- Ensure the UI/UX team has a clear understanding of client project context, constraints, and opportunities
- Help define project goals and objectives, both internally with department leads and clients
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest level of quality and precision
- Be a creative inspirer, foster positivity and awesomeness
- Assist in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, persona modeling and customer journeys
- Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
What We're Looking For
- An established in-production portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills, craft, intuition, problem-solving and expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a User Experience Designer and Team Lead
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple parallel-path projects
- A working knowledge of UI design standards for web, mobile web, iOS, and Android and wearables
- Knowledge of web and mobile frameworks, languages, and tools (basic understanding of fundamental build tools such as XCode, CSS/HTML
- High-level of proficiency with Sketch, Invision, Adobe CS, Zeplin, Framer and Keynote
- Confident in speaking during presentations and client meetings, both internally and externally
- Attention to detail—every pixel counts
- Strong knowledge base of production tools such as Slack, GitHub, Jira
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with software development engineers for implementation of designs
- Report to the Director of Product Design on a recurring basis, distilling project efficiency outcomes, gaps, KPI’s and opportunities for improvements
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data, hypothetical analysis and creation (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) then processing and delivering data findings to departmental team members and clients
- Resource planning, interview and recruiting process knowledge
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with FinTech as it relates to Tier 1-2 banking institutions and credit union space
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, HCI, related field or equivalent agency/work experience
Our office is located near Waterfront in the financial district, surrounded by pretty sweet coffee shops and eateries and educational accelerators like BrainStation. We are close to main bus routes and literally steps away from several skytrain access points. Our building is fully equipped with bike storage lockers and a full size gym on the ground floor.
If you feel you’ll thrive in this environment and make a difference, you should definitely apply!
Learn More About Our Team:
Get Social With Us!
Twitter | Blog | LinkedIn