aeqbanking is a technology solution provider focused on digital transformations for financial services. We use domain, product, and technical expertise to transform digital banking experiences into rich life experiences. By building seamless and immersive omni-channel solutions, aeqbanking empowers banks and credit unions to deliver tailored and seamless digital experiences to drive business growth, increase efficiency as well as increase customer retention and engagement.
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Project Manager to join our aeqbanking division at Aequilibrium. Your client-facing experience delivering complex / enterprise digital products and ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams in a professional services organization will be essential to succeed in this role.
This is a 6-18 month contract role with potential to convert to a permanent, full-time position.
- Support the project preparation by producing a plan and estimates, securing the necessary resources and supervising the drafting of the Statement of Work, and maintaining the project documentation throughout the life of the project;
- Manage the projects in a structured and professional manner according to different Agile methodologies and frameworks and report on the status of the project on a regular basis to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Quickly understand the situation and the needs of the client and be able to translate them into viable solutions;
- Write business requirements documents and user stories
- Coordinate, supervise, and manage the projects from end to end, as well as the team (including Business Analysts, UX designers, Quality Assurance engineers, Architects, Front-end and Back-end engineers);
- Manage and enhance the business process, and own both the risk and the change management process;
- Collaborate and bridge the gap between the creative team, marketing, business and the technical teams of the client and Aequilibrium;
- Be an effective communicator and organizer;
- Excel in stakeholder management; understand the needs and objectives of all the project stakeholders and base your project strategy and communication on them.
- Collaborate with our client, partners, and vendors and drive them towards a successful implementation of the joint project / program
Required Skills and Experience:
- Professional services (agency) experience as a Project Manager in a client facing position
- Experience in the Financial Services
- 5+ years of project delivery experience with end-to-end delivery of complex / enterprise digital projects for mobile and web, involving multi-disciplinary teams: PM/BA, UX/UI, Dev, QA, DevOps
- Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget while maintaining effective client and team relationships
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, facilitation and negotiation skills. Comfortable interacting with stakeholders (at various levels within the client organization) in an empathic and considerate way. Organizational and cultural sensitivity is a must
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Analytical and financial skills in order to forecast and report revenue, expenses, and project completion milestones
- Proven experience managing and coaching other team members
- Experience growing business relationships with clients and generating revenue from existing client relationships
- Experience with Agile development, preferably at an enterprise level
- Able to travel throughout Canada and the United States (up to 25% travel to the U.S. is required for this position)
- A team player mentality to share your experience with other project managers
- An interest in the big changes that are about to happen in the banking industry
Nice to have:
- PMP and Scrum Master certifications
- Product (web / mobile) app development
- Program Management experience (managing other Project Managers assigned to a large account / program)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent)
Speed. That’s something we’re known for around here. We work fast. Really fast. Our team uses Agile methodologies and Lean Startup principles to deliver our clients’ projects before the competition. aeqbanking is a divisional brand unit of Aequilibrium Software Inc. (aequilibrium.com), a digital product agency which brings together product managers, designers and developers dedicated to create winning web, mobile and IoT solutions. We plan, design, architect and build technology platforms and products—delivering world-class technology solutions for both established companies and well-funded startups.
Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, steps from the seawall and Waterfront Station, and home to tons of shops and eateries. Our building is fully equipped with bike storage lockers and a full-sized gym on the ground floor. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive compensation rates
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s
- Monthly team lunches and birthday celebrations
Sound like the right position for you? Apply now!
Learn more about our team: aequilibrium.com
Aequilibrium is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining our team, you may be asked to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check.
Get social with us!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook