Aequilibrium is a technology solution provider focused on digital transformations and professional services. We use domain, product, and technical expertise to create best-in-class experiences that drive business growth and increase customer retention and engagement. From software development to product strategy, Aequilibrium is a visible tech leader with Vancouver's top talent.
We are seeking a Director of Technology to oversee technology and engineering across our company's multiple business units. The ideal candidate is a seasoned tech leader with experience leading large-scale (40+ staff) groups, and well-rounded in building enterprise grade software.
You will be immersed in enterprise architecture, agile processes and the latest digital tools; therefore, a strong understanding of the above is necessary. As an applicant of this position, you should also be highly strategic in project planning, pricing, and behind the scenes sales pitch support. A love for the latest tech is also a must.
Leadership is an important part of the role. You should be comfortable leading and growing teams, including planning, hiring, retaining and developing top talent and identifying strengths and areas of improvement within the team.
Must-have Skills and Experience:
- Experience with both Professional Services and Product Development
- Experience building and architecting complex digital tools and products
- Experience building enterprise SaaS products and implementing software patterns; you understand how to make a customizable core product
- Strong understanding of multi-tier services, web based testing techniques, and developing for the cloud including DevOps, AWS, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development
- Knowledge of software lifecycle, modern testing methods, design patterns, continuous integration, and Agile methodology
- Effective and diplomatic leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take high-level direction, work through ambiguity, and execute in an iterative mode
- Excellent time-management and organizational abilities that facilitate structured work
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and partner across complex organizations
- Knowledge of banking or other financial services sector
- Experience delivering solutions using the Backbase platform
- UX design experience or knowledge of core design principles
- AI or machine learning experience
- Proficiency in data warehousing technologies and design patterns
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Work with engineering leadership to define, execute, and align on a unified technology strategy
- Work with technology leadership to pitch, architect, estimate, design and deliver tailored product services for various industries, in particular, for financial services
- Design technical processes for efficient operations, timely execution, and clear decision-making
- Ensure technology team's development and organizational plans are aligned with company objectives
- Translate technology vision, strategy, and priorities into clear and actionable objectives; ensure all stakeholders including leadership and engineering teams remains consistently up to date
- Partner with other team leaders to prioritize and lead technology recruiting, retention, and branding
- Be an engaged company leader setting strategy and results, and owning part of the technology budget
- Work with company leadership on resourcing requirements and strategically plan for the needs of future vision, strategy, and priorities
- Lend expertise in providing full-stack software design and development of client-specific web and mobile apps
- Offer high-level design input to apply best practices and design patterns
Speed. That’s something we’re known for around here. We work fast. Really fast. Our team uses Agile methodologies and Lean Startup principles to deliver our clients’ projects before the competition. We’re a digital product studio which brings together product managers, designers and developers dedicated to creating winning web, mobile and IoT solutions. We plan, design, architect and build technology platforms and products—delivering world-class technology solutions for both established companies (such as Hootsuite, Central 1 Credit Union, Monexa, iQmetrix) and well-funded startups (such as Sneaker Con, and Grideo).
At Aequilibrium, we're big on technology and creativity, and believe that teamwork is the key to reaching amazing feats. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, steps from the seawall and Waterfront station, and home to tons of shops and eateries. Sound like the right position for you? Apply now!
Learn more about our team:
Get social with us!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook