We’re on the lookout for an exceptionally talented software solution architect who is passionate about banking technology to join our growing team. If you aren’t afraid to push the envelope or get your hands dirty, keep reading! You will be part of the technical team in which you will fulfill a leading role only gained by excellent performance. Talking highly specific technical details as well as discussing general business outcomes, you comfortably translate customer requirements into a distinguished design. You dedicate yourself to security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability and serviceability. By creating structure and clear explanations, you provide guidance and oversight to your team.
Also part of the job is creating technical architecture documentation; working with the QA lead to define the test strategy; leading DevOps to define and implement CI/CD pipelines and ensuring that implementations meet non-functional requirements. You have excellent communication skills and are able to translate complex business ideas into simplified technology outcomes. You are able to facilitate conversations, providing training and lead workshops when needed. Part of the job may require spending time on-site with customer teams throughout the various phases of the project.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Your knowledge of the Java platform exceeds our expectations
- Experienced in Spring, Maven, Jenkins
- You have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft .Net framework
- You have an excellent understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), as well as Microservices Architecture
- When we ask you about architectural frameworks, you easily dig up your knowledge and best practices
- You have professionally worked with Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks
- You have a deep understanding of Cloud application and infrastructure principles and are familiar with AWS or Azure
- And let’s not forget your broad, operational knowledge of application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web applications in a highly available and scalable environment
- Last but not least, you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English
We will be extra happy if you:
- Have created solutions for financial services (especially banking)
- Have experience with Portal/Web Content Management
- Are familiar with architectural patterns, such as Microservices, CQRS, event sourcing
- Have experience with server virtualization and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare,HyperV
- Have professionally used Integration Platforms, API Gateway, etc.
- Have experience with Reactive Programming or Functional Programming
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience as full stack developer/solution architect
- Excellent communicator and are fluent in English. Fluency in French would be an asset.
- Ability to learn fast (like, really fast) and ready to make a big impact
- Agile savvy
- Understand what it means to be a consultant
- Reliable and have a positive attitude
- Great interpersonal skills (aka clients love you!)
- Ability to handle working on multiple projects or tasks and keep them all under control
- Passionate about technology and using it to help solve business issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Making recommendations from a development perspective for practical solutions, time estimates and overall feasibility means being comfortable standing your ground
At Aequilibrium, we're big on technology and creativity, and believe that teamwork is the key to reaching amazing feats. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, steps from the seawall and Waterfront station, and home to tons of shops and eateries. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive compensation rates
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s
- Monthly team lunches and birthday celebrations
Learn more about our team: aequilibrium.com/careers
Aequilibrium is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining our team, you may be asked to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check.
Get social with us!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook